Are you a chewy, cakey, or crispy cookie person? Regardless of texture, I am always an ube person. This is the first cookie recipe I ever cobbled together, but not without help from Alton Brown, Mrs. Fields, and Teachers’ Bakes.
Ube White Chocolate Chip Macadamia
- 160 g Bread flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 113 g butter softened
- 100 g white sugar
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup ube halaya
- 2 tbsp ube extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup salted macadamias
- Whisk together dry Ingredients in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, using a mixer with a paddle attachment on medium high, cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. Add sugars and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add the egg and mix for 30 seconds.
- Add the ube halaya and extract to the mixture and beat on medium high for at least 2 min.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly Incorporate the dry ingredients until the flour Is worked In.
- Add white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts until just combined.
- Set the oven racks into the top third and bottom third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350* F. Cover and place the dough In the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Scoop the dough Into balls, approximately 2 tablespoons per cookie.
- Bake for a total of 13 minutes. After 7 minutes rotate the pans for even baking.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.